Founded in 1910 and renovated in 2006, the Coptic Museum in Cairo is dedicated to the culture and history of the Copts, Egypt’s orthodox Christians, who make up approximately 10% of Egypt’s current population.
The museum traces the history of Christianity in Egypt from its beginnings to the present day. It was erected on 8,000 square meters offered by the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria under the guardianship of Pope Cyril V.
The fortress’s tower now marks the entrance to the tranquil courtyards and lush, verdant gardens of the Coptic Museum.
The mashrabiya is a type of oriel window enclosed with carved wooden latticework.
This is the beautiful ceiling…
View original post 90 more words